Publications – Peter Nygren
- Senkowski W, Zhang X, Hägg Olofsson M, Isacson R, Höglund U, Gustafsson M, Nygren P, Linder S, Larsson R, Fryknäs M. Three-demensional cell culture based screening identifies the antihelmintic drug nitazoxanide as a candidate for treatment of colorectal cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 2015, e-pub ahead of print.
- Hultman B, Mahteme H, Sundbom M, Ljungman M, Larsson R, Nygren P. Benchmarking of gastric cancer sensitivity to anti-cancer drugs ex vivo as a basis for drug selection in systemic and intraperitoneal therapy. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2015, in press.
- Zhang X, Fryknäs M, Hernlund E, Fayad W, De Milito A, Olofssson MH, Gogvadze V, Dang L, Påhlman S, Schugart LA, RickardsonL, D’Arcy P, Gullbo J, Nygren P, Larsson R, Linder S. Induction of mitochondrial dysfunction as a strategy for targeting of tumour cells in metabolically compromised microenvironments. Nature Communications 18;5: 3295, 2014.
- Nygren P, Larsson R. Drug repositioning from bench to bedside: tumour remission by the antihelmintic drug mebendazole in refractory metastatic colon cancer. Acta Oncol 53: 427-428, 2014.
- Cashin P, Mahteme H, Graf W, Karlsson H, Larsson R, Nygren P. Activity ex vivo of cytotoxic drugs in patient samples of peritoneal carcinomatosis with special focus on colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer 13:435, 2013.
- Karlsson H, Fryknäs M, Larsson R, Nygren P. Loss of cancer drug activity in colon cancer HCT-116 cells during spheroid formation in a new 3-D spheroid cell culture system. Exp Cell Res 318: 1577-1585, 2012.
- Hassan S, Laryea D , Mahteme H, Felth J, Fryknäs M, Fayad W, Linder S, Rickardson L, Gullbo J, Graf W, Påhlman L, Glimelius B, Larsson R, Nygren P. Novel activity of acriflavine against colorectal cancer tumour cells. Cancer Sci 102: 2206-2213, 2011.
- Csoka K, Tholander B, Gerdin E, de la Torre M, Larsson R and Nygren P. In vitro determination of cytotoxic drug response in ovarian carcinoma using the fluorometric microculture cytotoxicity assay. Int J Cancer 72; 1008-1012, 1997.
- Nygren P, Fridborg H, Csoka K, Sundström C, de la Torre M, Kristensen J, Bergh J, Hagberg H, Glimelius B, Rastad J, Tholander B and Larsson R. Detection of tumor specific cytotoxic drug activitiy in vitro using the fluorometric microculture cytotoxicity assay and primary cultures of tumor cells from patients. Int J Cancer, 56: 715-720, 1994.
- Larsson R and Nygren P. Pharmacological modification of multidrug resistance (MDR) in vitro detected by a novel fluorometric microculture cytotoxicity assay. Resistance reversal and selective cytotoxic actions of cyclosporin A and verapamil on MDR leukemia T-cells. Int J Cancer, 46: 67, 1990.