Publications Magnus Essand
- Ramachandran M, Yu D, Dyczynski M, Baskaran S, Nelander S, Zhang L, Lulla A, Lulla V, Saul S, Dimberg A, Merits A, Leja-Jarblad J, Essand M. Safe and effective treatment of experimental neuroblastoma and glioblastoma using systemically administered triple microRNA-detargeted oncolytic Semliki Forest virus. Clinical Cancer Research, Sept 16, 2016. [Epub ahead of print]. JL-J and ME are shared senior authors of the manuscript.
- Jin C, Fotaki G, Ramachandran M, Nilsson B, Essand M, Yu D. Safe engineering of CAR T cells for adoptive cell therapy of cancer using long-term episomal gene transfer. EMBO Molecular Medicine 8: 702-11, 2016. ME and DY are shared senior authors of the manuscript.
- Yu D, Leja-Jarblad J, Loskog A, Hellman P, Giandomenico V, Oberg K, Essand M. Preclinical evaluation of AdVince, an oncolytic adenovirus adapted for treatment of liver metastases from neuroendocrine cancer. Neuroendocrinology 21 July, 2016. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zhang L, Kundu S, Feenstra T, Li X, Jin C, Laaniste L, Elsir T, Ohlin E, Yu D, Olofsson T, Olsson AK, Pontén F, Magnusson P, Forsberg-Nilsson K, Essand M, Smits A, Dieterich D, Dimberg A. Pleiotrophin promotes vascular abnormalization in glioma and correlates with poor survival in human astrocytomas. Science Signaling, 8(406), 2015.
- Ramachandran M, Jin C, Yu D, Eriksson F, Essand M. Vector-encoded Helicobacter pylori neutrophil activating protein promotes maturation of dendritic cells with Th-1 polarization and improved migration. J Immunol, 193: 2287-2296, 2014.
- Ramachandran M, Yu D, Wanders A, Essand M, Eriksson F. An infection-enhanced oncolytic adenovirus secreting Helicobacter Pylori neutrophil-activating protein with therapeutic effects on neuroendocrine tumors. Mol Ther, 21: 2008-2018, 2013. ME and EF are shared senior authors of the manuscript.
- Muthana M, Rodrigues S, Chen Y-Y, Welford A, Hughes RO, Tazzyman S, Essand M, Morrow FJ, Lewis CE. Macrophage delivery of an oncolytic virus abolishes tumor regrowth and metastasis after chemotherapy or irradiation. Cancer Research, 73: 490-495, 2013.
- Hillerdal V, Nilsson B, Carlsson B, Eriksson F, Essand M. TARP-TCR-engineered T cells specifically kill HLA-A2 positive prostate and breast cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 109: 15877-15881, 2012.
- Yu D, Jin C, Leja J, Majdalani N, Nilsson B, Eriksson F, Essand M. Adenovirus modified with a cell penetrating peptide exhibits therapeutic effect in experimental neuroblastoma and neuroendocrine tumors. J Virol, 85: 13114-13123, 2011.
- Muthana M, Giannoudis A, Scott S, Morrow F, Fang H-Y, Coffelt S, Murdoch C, Burton J, Cross N, Burke B, Mistry R, Hamdy F, Brown N, Georgopoulos L, Hoskin P, Essand M, Lewis CE, Maitland N. Use of macrophages to target therapeutic adenovirus to human prostate tumors. Cancer Research, 71: 1805-1815, 2011.